- Category: Consulting
- Hits: 2984
DigitalGovernance.org Initiative undertakes consulting, research, training and speaking assignments on:
Innovative good governance and public sector reform models
Low cost e-gov and m-gov applications
ICT project design and applications for agriculture, rural development, employment and entrepreneurship
Monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and knowledge networks
- Use ICTs to increase income and welfare of cotton farmers of Wardha. Maharashtra.Bajaj Foundation, Maharashtra, India. 2013.
- Social Media Outreach and Networking on the Future of the UN Surveys. Ralph Bunche Institute, New York, 2012.
- Conceiving innovative revenue-generating social networking platform for Fahamu's network of African intellectuals and their Pambazuka newsletter. Fahamu, Oxford, UK. April 2009.
- Designing the knowledge management framework of the Livelihoods and Natural Resources Programme of the Sir Ratan Tata Trust. Sir Ratan Tata Trust, India. December 2007 - January 2008.
- Evaluation mission for the regional project on “Forests that Benefit the Poor: Linking income generation to influence among forest communities in Asia.” International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome. March- April 2007.
- Chief Moderator and Trainer (ICTs and MDGs), UNDP CEE/CIS Networks on ICTHelp4U, UNDP, Bratislava and Estonia. November 2006-December 15, 2006.
- Evaluation of ENRAP II (Knowledge Networking for Rural Development in Asia-Pacific Region) Project in Laos, Philippines, Sri Lanka and India. International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Rome. February- May 2006.
- Contributing to How-To Guide Policy and Practise Brief on Building Partnerships for Broadband Supported E-Governance Initiatives at the National and Local Level (for Public Policy Makers and Business Leaders). UNDP Europe and Commonwealth of Independent States, Bratislava. November - December 2005.
- Interim review of the Policy Impact of the electronic South East Europe (eSEE) Agenda Initiative in Western Balkans: Serbia and Montenegro, Macedonia, Moldova, Kosovo and Croatia. UNDP Europe and Commonwealth of Independent States, Bratislava. June 2005 - July 2005.
- Exploring innovative usage of ICT in disaster mitigation and post-disaster economic recovery. Tsunami-affected Areas (Andaman Islands and Tamil Nadu). DevNetJobs.org India. March 2005 – April 2005.
- Electronic Government and Foreign Investment: Reviewing electronic government applications provided by Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs) and drafting a paper on "How Electronic Government (E-Government) can enhance foreign investment in developing countries?" UNCTAD, Geneva, September 2004- January 2005.
- Providing training on Knowledge Management and how to support local development and expand public services through public-prviate partnerships, and preparation of knowledge maps and knowledge marketplace. UNDP-Bratislava Office, Kiev, Ukraine. October 2004.
- Preparing baseline paper, and resource person on international experiences of electronic government (e-government) , especially in G2C field, focusing on major trends, lessons learned, best practises, risks involved, as well at technical and regulatory requirements for the introduction of e-government systems. UNDP, Uzbekistan. May 2004.
- International resources person on e-governance in developing and transition countries. UNDP, Azerbaijan. November 2003.
- Evaluation of ICT and sustainable livelihoods project involving UN volunteers in Mongolia. United Nations Volunteers, Mongolia and Germany. August-September 2003.
- Creation of the South-South Portal on Information for Knowledge and Empowerment (S.P.I.K.E) to represent concerns of the South in international fora, and for use by negotiators and delegations. South Centre (an inter-governmental organization), Geneva. May 2003.
- Designing a 3 years project on use of ICT in agriculture extension and creating the Agricultural Knowledge Generation and Sharing network (PN-KnowNet) for Near East and North Africa region. International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), Rome, Jordan, Egypt. April-May 2003.
- Evaluation of UNDP-UNV Tele-Access Community Centers (TACCs) project in Egypt. The report is being used for devising future strategies for setting up tele-centers with a development outreach goal. United Nations Volunteers, Bonn, Germany. June 2001.
- Selection of partner NGOs and schools in India for use of computers donated by private firms. New Delhi. World Computer Exchange, Washington DC. August 2001.
- Conceptualization and financial estimation for initiating the Global Public Goods Network (gpgNet). Preparing a base document for creation of International and Regional Knowledge Networks on global public goods. The document outlined the strategy to initiate knowledge networks between North and South and within South on GPG issues. United Nations Development Program (UNDP), New York. March 2001.
- Setting up of the Sustainable Development Networking Programme (SDNP) in India. The network has over 25 nodes on different subject areas and provides access to databases, government policies, and referral services on environment and development. UNDP and Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, Delhi. January 1999- September 2000.